Monday, February 26, 2007

I planted something!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I've finally planted something!! Ok so I've put in some raspberry canes and a climbing rose but this is a 'real' crop. I planted the broad beans that I grew in loo rolls (at the same time as the sweet peas, previous entry click here) I spent the morning adding more to the living willow fence/hedge in the garden and then this afternoon I drove over to the plot with 10 broad bean plants (The Sutton) I've planted them with a lemonade bottle over each one as a mini cloche, I don't think it was essential that I did this but I'm concerned that the birds might rip them out if they're unprotected.

Well, let's see what next weekend brings, hopefully they'll still be there!...(pic to follow next weekend (hopefully) , I forgot to take one today!)

No comments: